June 17th, 20109 comments Posted in Men and Women, Wapatui
A Tale of a Fateful Trip…
If you were to be stranded on a desert island what ten things would you want to have with you? (Assuming a water supply and some kind of food source.)
- ipod with everything imaginable on it including the musical equivalent of the cyanide capsule, My Humps by the Black Eyed Peas, in case I couldn’t take it anymore.
- industrial sized drum of Dr. Bronner’s soap
- I’m thinking I’m not going to get a way with counting a subscription to People Magazine as one thing, so…maybe the Norton Anthology of British Literature, the one with the tissue thin pages – multi-purpose, you know.
- a big ass knife
- George Clooney. What? Why not?
- I guess saying Diet Pepsi would be really short-sighted and silly, but honest to god, it’s what I’m thinking of right now.
- shoes – not Jimmy Choos, but practical, wear around the coral reef shoes.
- fire, and lots of it
- sunscreen, especially now that I’ve got The Cancer
- something warm and weatherproof to wear, preferably in pink, bright pink. You never know when the paparazzi might turn up. Do they make Gortex, fur lined Snuggies?
This is a deserted island. Clooney would make it decidedly undeserted. Desserted, maybe.
Anyway, my list:
- A laminated picture of my family
- Laminated dirty picture of my wife
- iPod loaded with every Lost and Gilligan’s Island episode
- Bag of weed with the seeds in it
- Pack of Bic lighters
- Tattooing equipment
- Set of Ginsu knives
- Wilson brand volleyball
P.S. Jane: cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater.